The Spanish Heritage Horse
A Spanish Heritage Horse is a horse with one parent that is a registered Pure Spanish Horse, Pura Raza Española or P.R.E., and the other parent is a different breed.
Horses Eligible for Registration in the SHH Registry
It's easy to register your horse in the Spanish Heritage Horse Registry! Horses are eligible for registration in the Spanish Heritage Horse Registry if one parent is a Purebred P.R.E. Horse registered in one of the below recognized Registries:
• P.R.E. Mundial
• Cría Caballar
• IALHA (S)
• AHAA (SO papers only)
Horses are eligible for Registration at any age and can be of any sex without economic penalty.
Should any documentation be presented for the non P.R.E. parent, then offspring of the following breeds crossed with the P.R.E. Horse will be registered as listed below:
• Azteca - P.R.E. and a Quarter Horse registered with AQHA or a Paint Horse registered with APHA
• Spanish-Arab - P.R.E. and Arabian
• Spanish-Anglo - P.R.E. and Thoroughbred
• Spanish Warmblood - P.R.E. and any Warmblood
• Warlander - P.R.E. and Friesian
• Spanish Draft - P.R.E. and a Draft Horse
• Spanish-Portuguese - P.R.E. and Lusitano
• Others to be determined
Other crosses will be considered and developed as they demonstrate their abilities for FEI Sports.
It is not necessary to be a Member of The Foundation to register horses with the Spanish Heritage Horse Registry.
What you will Need
A bill of sale and the DNA information on the PRE parent.